POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : localization of povray? : Re: localization of povray? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:36:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: localization of povray?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 15 Jan 2002 11:02:00
Message: <43k84u8n44d32csg0i0lja3kiffk137hse@4ax.com>
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:41:24 +0100, "Gergely Vandor"
<ger### [at] vandordatanethu> wrote:

>Adding support for Hungarian keywords is the last thing I ever wanted to do,

Oh, ok then. *whew*

>by localizing the software I only meant translating message texts and the
>like and possibly the software elements of the Windows GUI. (Again, only if
>this is technically possible without insane amounts of additional work. Like
>starting from a text file containing all the strings.)

You'll have to wait for the public release of POV 3.5, because the
sources will not be available to you before that. As of whether it is
legal to localize the GUI, I'll have to ask as it can be tricky.

>Surely I wouldn't want to start a project like this if there is no chance of
>making the result available to users. How much flexibility can I expect from
>the POV-Team in this regard?

Again, I'll ask.

>If an entirely localized and publicly available version is out of the
>question, how about publicly available Hungarian (or other international)
>docs?

Localizing the docs has been done before (in French) and is IMHO a
good thing to do. It is OK legally, too.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg